This 1904 Georgian Revival home had an addition from the 1980s which was in disrepair, didn’t aesthetically match the style of the original house, and did not function well for the owners. Reusing the existing foundations, CTA designed a new wing that includes a new entry sequence, more functional kitchen, dining, and living areas, and created direct access to the backyard. The new layout included an island with a downdraft stove and re-utilized the existing Sub Zero refrigerator. A new dining area sits in a light-filled bay window, while the new living space includes a vaulted ceiling, large window to the woods beyond, and a wood-burning stove.
Photos by Jamie Solomon